We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in France but I’ve been in Canada for 9 years now and I’ve come to love Thanksgiving. We usually celebrate it with our “family away from home”, it’s a special occasion to gather with our expat friends. Someone always volunteers to cook a turkey and stuffing and I, of course, volunteer to make dessert and a couple other things.
This week I’ll share some popular recipes we were making at the bakery:
- Delicious buttery corn bread
- Cranberry Grand Marnier sauce
- Pumpkin and Apple jam pie
- Quebec “tarte au sucre” (sugar tart with maple syrup)
- Sweet potato pie (from Modern Native Feasts)